Recruiter: Jennifer Luther
1. What’s the best thing a candidate can do during the interview?
The best thing a candidate can do during an interview with me is stay engaged in and enthusiastic about the conversation. No matter how much research you’ve done on the company and how prepared you are, the conversation should flow like a ping-pong game.
2. What is a hidden talent that you have?
I have played the piano since the age of 5.
3. What’s the experience that impacted you most?
I would say losing my father at a young age was something that greatly impacted my life. It taught me to celebrate every day and to live life to the fullest.
4. What’s the most interesting thing about your alma mater?
The mascot at Western Kentucky University is named Big Red, who quite literally is a big, red, furry blob!
5. What would most people be surprised to learn about you?
I’ve been a resident of 11 different states! My dad was in the Navy, so I moved around a lot. It was nice seeing different parts of the country but difficult starting from scratch each time we moved.
6. What was a childhood nickname you just couldn’t shake?
Jen Pen Woo
7. Name a top resume deal breaker.
Lack of job tenure
8. If you won the lottery, on what would you spend your dough?
If I won the lottery, the most important thing to me would be the ability to give my family the comfort and security of knowing they will be taken care of for life. Oh, and I would also have a big piece of land, so I could adopt tons of animals and have my own zoo! I can still have childlike dreams, right?
9. Would you rather go through life unable to answer any questions or unable to ask any questions?
I would rather go through life not being able to answer a question. Without asking a question first, you would never have the knowledge to know the answer.
10. What’s something a candidate can do that rarely happens but has helped that person get the job?
Go to the community and introduce yourself! This can be an extra step to help a candidate stand out in a sea full of resumes and provides the candidate a better understanding of our communities and culture at Brookdale.
Brookdale Careers’ Recruiter Spotlight is a 10-question, tri-weekly feature, where one Brookdale recruiter provides resume, interview, and job tips.